Most of you will know that Chris is a partner at Armstrong Murray, but you may not know he’s our unofficial parking warden. In our office, he’s revered for his remarkable ability to work with one eye on the car park at all times, always ready to race down the stairs and apprehend anyone who dares to sneak in and take the spaces reserved for our clients.
Our team respects Chris for his empathy and kindness. He is very caring and has a genuine concern for the wellbeing of all our staff and clients.
His clients are loyal to him because he explains things in plain English, never confusing them with legal jargon. He relates well to people from all walks of life and is a good listener, always ensuring he understands his clients’ concerns properly so he can come up with an appropriate solution.
Want to learn a bit more about Chris? Have a look at our Q&A with him below.
1. What does a typical weekend look like for you?
Chilling at the bach, with some fishing, golf and a beer at the local brewery.
2. What’s your favourite type of pizza?
Pear & prosciutto at La Spiaggia in Murrays Bay.
3. Where was your most memorable holiday?
Six weeks in South America and the Galapagos Islands.
4. Who is your favourite musician or band?
Of all time: Jethro Tull. Current favourite: Foo Fighters. I am definitely a guitars and drums type of guy!
5. If you could travel to one country this year, where would you go?
Unlikely, but it would be the UK to visit my daughter.
6. Where is your favourite NZ holiday spot?
7. What’s the best book you’ve ever read?
Oh, that’s a hard one. Possibly not the best book I’ve ever read, but one that made a big impression on me was ‘The Boys in the Boat’ – a book about US rowers preparing for the Olympics. It’s a perfect example of doing whatever it takes to achieve your goals.
8. Which TV show are you currently watching?
9. What’s your morning beverage of choice?
10. What’s your evening beverage of choice?
11. What’s your least favourite food?
Oysters, followed by garlic.
12. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
13. Which song are you embarrassed to admit you like?
Any Bee Gees song. I hated them as a teenager.
14. What’s your favourite local restaurant or cafe?
La Spiaggia or El Greco.
15. What was your first job?
Labourer on a building site.
16. What led you down this career path?
I always wanted to be a vet but was hopeless at science. Two of my best mates were doing law so I did too, thinking I would use my law degree in a commercial context.
17. What is your proudest moment, personally or professionally?
Seeing my kids being born.
18. What could you give a 30-minute presentation on with no preparation?
How the excessive number of rules in rugby has ruined the game!
19. What job would you be terrible at?
A politician. The bureaucracy and lack of honesty would drive me crazy.
20. What do you like most about Armstrong Murray?
The people. Our team is an amazing group and I feel it is an honour to be able to work with our clients.