This is Debbie, our brilliant legal executive. She’s the newest addition to our team, but it already feels like she’s been here forever.
Our clients love her just as much as we do, as she makes the property buying process a breeze. She’s particularly skilled at helping first-home buyers navigate the purchase process.
Want to know more? Read the Q&A with Debbie below.
1. What does a typical weekend look like for you?
Early morning dog walks at Milford Beach, driving my children around (Debbie’s taxi service), hosting dinners with friends, baking and enjoying quiet time with my husband at home.
2. What’s your favourite type of pizza?
Chicken, cream cheese and cranberry.
3. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
Hmm, hard decision – I have two cats and a dog. Dogs are much more work, but also more rewarding. If I had to get off the fence on this one I’d probably be a dog person, but only just and don’t tell my pussy cats!
4. Where was your most memorable holiday?
Bali – where my husband and I got married in September 1999. We had lots of family and friends come with us and it was amazing. I’ve since been back a couple more times and love it.
5. Who is your favourite musician or band?
6. If you could travel to one country this year, where would you go?
If there was no Coronavirus and my holiday was paid for, I would go to the Mediterranean (Italy/Greece). If I had to pay, I would go to the Sunshine Coast in Australia for a relaxing break with my husband and kids.
7. Where is your favourite NZ holiday spot?
For a short family trip, we usually go to Rotorua. It doesn’t matter what the weather is like, as there are nice warm swimming pools and always something to do.
8. What’s the best book you’ve ever read?
The Outlander Series.
9. Which TV show are you currently watching?
10. What’s your morning beverage of choice?
White tea (no sugar).
11. What’s your evening beverage of choice?
Coke Zero or water during the week and a glass of pinot gris on the weekend.
12. What’s your least favourite food?
Fish and chips, oysters or kidney.
13. Which song are you embarrassed to admit you like?
Kenny Rogers – The Gambler.
14. What’s your favourite local restaurant or cafe?
Khun Phun Thai in Albany.
15. What was your first job?
KFC in Brisbane City (at 15).
16. What aspect of your role do you love the most?
Helping first home buyers. I enjoy being in a position where I can give them the right amount of information to guide them through this scary process. I like to ensure they know what is happening and what is required of them, without overwhelming them with too much information.
17. What is your proudest moment, personally or professionally?
Hearing people say positive things about my children, their work ethic and how they are amazing young people.
18. What’s something that has surprised you about your chosen career path?
The relationship you build with clients and how loyal they are if you look after them. There is also always something new to be learnt – I am still learning every day.
19. What job would you be terrible at?
A school teacher. I would have no patience.
20. What do you like most about Armstrong Murray?
The people. I have never worked in a firm where everyone is so welcoming, friendly and supportive. And I am inspired by the young lawyers. They are so positive, helpful and smart.