He is a fantastic mentor to our younger solicitors and highly respected by the entire team, for both his legal expertise and ability to explain the intricacies of Test match cricket.
Andrew genuinely cares about each of his clients and enjoys working with businesses of all sizes, from start-ups and sole traders to large, established businesses. His clients value his clear, practical advice and down-to-earth personality.
Want to learn a bit more about Andrew? Have a look at our Q&A with him below.
1. What does a typical weekend look like for you?
Golf, dog walks, a spot of gardening and – if COVID permits – catching up with friends.
2. What’s your favourite type of pizza?
I’m partial to the Lust Deluxe from Hell.
3. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
Dog person. Poppy, our Border Collie x Huntaway, keeps us busy!
4. Where was your most memorable holiday?
India with my mate Mike for the 2011 Cricket World Cup. Being in the stands for the final and seeing India win was a cricket tragic’s dream. I’d love to return in 2023!
5. Who is your favourite musician or band?
6. If you could travel to one country this year, where would you go?
I’m a history nerd, so I’d love to see the ancient Silk Road cities in Uzbekistan.
7. Where is your favourite NZ holiday spot?
8. What’s the best book you’ve ever read?
Too many to choose from! Maybe ‘Shantaram’. The best I’ve read recently is ‘A Short Walk in the Hindu Kush’ by Eric Newby.
9. Which TV show are you currently watching?
8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown.
10. What’s your morning beverage of choice?
A flat white from our mates at Holy Shot.
11. What’s your evening beverage of choice?
12. What’s your least favourite food?
13. You’re happiest when…
Walking on Muriwai Beach with my wife and my dog.
14. What’s your favourite local restaurant or cafe?
15. What was your first job?
Picking up range balls at Golf Warehouse on Barry’s Point Road.
16. What is your proudest moment, personally or professionally?
Being invited to join the partnership at Armstrong Murray.
17. What did you want to be when growing up?
18. What’s something that has surprised you about your chosen career path?
The practice of law is really nothing like it is on the TV.
19. What job would you be terrible at?
Anything that required public speaking.
20. What do you like most about Armstrong Murray?
The people. We are very fortunate to have such fantastic staff.